Contacting Medical By Phone
When workers in a medical practice become demotivated, such as over summer vacation or holidays when schedules become packed and the phones never seem to stop ringing, many office managers believe that money is the only way to improve everyone’s mood and productivity.
What do you do if your budget has no room for salary increases or bonuses?
Personalized Incentives Matter As outlined by HR World, there are plenty of non-financial ways you can motivate your staff. Some of the most popular incentives include:
- Recognition: Mention specific contributions at meetings or set up an employee of the week and/or month area in a high traffic spot.
- Flexibility: Give extra days offs, telecommuting options or late arrival and early leave to any workers who meet and exceed deadlines.
- Feedback: Ask for feedback about office practices and their jobs and then implement recommendations to help them feel more connected to their work and pride about their roles.
When a Budget Permits If you have a little extra in your budget, consider the following:
- Team events: Host office-sponsored pot luck lunches, company family picnics or scavenger hunts.
- Surprises: Offer a recognition ceremony with certifications or tickets for a local spa or amusement park.
- Personalized rewards: Gift items specific to each worker based based on answers to an interest poll.
Phone answering and telemessaging tasks often demotivate people who work in medical offices because many consider the work too stressful and repetitive. Although we offer these services at MedConnectUSA based on a fee, they are well worth the investment because workers can focus on more interesting and varied tasks. For more information, call (818) 216-8482 or send us a message online.